We can provide UPS and generator health checks on either a scheduled or ad hoc basis. For larger units, an engineer will attend your site or for units of 3kVA or less, they can be sent directly to our workshop.
We can arrange the visit to suit you. If you have more than one unit at the same site, we can make our visit more cost effective for you by checking multiple units whilst we are present. Being manufacturer-independent, we can check units from a wide range of manufacturers, even including obsolete models.
You are likely to find a Health Check extremely valuable if:
- You don’t have an annual maintenance contract and want your UPS checked to ensure the battery life is sufficient.
- You don’t have an annual maintenance contract and want your Generator checked to identify any problems that may cause it to fail.
- You have taken over a building and are not sure of the health of the standby power systems you have inherited.
Load Bank Testing for Generators
A Load Bank test will provide timely identification of any problems with your generator and the remedial actions necessary.
Do you rely on your Generator as part of a Critical Power System?
If you do, then a periodic load bank test is essential to ensure that it will run smoothly and efficiently when you need it. Why? Because just starting up your generator every now and again is not enough.
Imagine just starting up a car and not driving it. Would you be confident it would perform for 500 miles? No? So why assume a Generator will from a simple autostart test? Full resistive Load Bank testing will push the unit to its limits so you can be sure it will work efficiently when you need it.
What does a Load Bank Test?
- The engine and its ability to provide the required power over time by using an artificial load
- The alternator’s ability to provide the required voltage stability
- Frequency stability
- Efficient Control systems under varying conditions of load
- The performance of the whole system
- Oil and fuel pressure to make sure the engine is well lubricated and gets enough fuel to produce the power you need it to provide
- What else will a Load Bank test provide?
- Remove deposits from pistons, engine casings & exhausts
- Identify potential weaknesses
- Record results and remedial work to be done
Full testing of the generator under load will ensure that all the components within the system will work and perform together as intended when called upon to support a critical load.
To discuss any aspect of servicing or maintenance or to request information on health checks and testing, please contact our service team via the telephone, our online web form or let us call you back.