Riello Sentinel Dual 8KVA SDU (SDU 8000)
Sentinel Dual is the best solution for powering mission critical applications and electro-medical devices requiring maximum power reliability.
Flexibility of installation and use (digital display, user-replaceable battery set), as well as the many communication options available, makes the Sentinel Dual suitable for many different applications from IT to security.
Up to 3 Sentinel Duals can be operated in parallel in either capacity or N 1 redundant configuration offering increased reliability for critical system. The Sentinel Dual can be installed as Tower (floor standing) or Rack, ideal for network and server rack applications.
The Sentinel Dual range is available in 5-6-8-10 kVA/kW models with on-line double conversion technology (VFI): the load is powered continuously by the inverter which supplies a sinusoidal voltage, filtered and stabilised in terms of voltage, form and frequency. In addition, the input and output filters significantly increase the load’s immunity to mains disturbances and lightning strikes.
Technology and performance: selectable Economy Mode and Smart Active Mode functions.
Diagnostics: Standard digital display, RS232 and USB interfaces with PowerShield3 software downloadable, communications slot for connectivity accessories.
• Can be installed on the floor (tower version) or in rack mount cabinets (rack version). The display panel can be rotated (using the key supplied
• Low noise (<48 dBA): can be installed in any environment thanks to its high frequency switching inverter and PWM load-dependent digitally controlled fan
• External bypass option for maintenance with interruption-free switching
• Operation guaranteed up to 40°C (the components are designed for high temperatures and are thus subject to less stress at normal temperatures)
• Built-in IEC output sockets with thermal protection.
Operating mode selection
Functions can be programmed via software or manually via the front display panel.
• On line: efficiency up to 95%
• Eco Mode: to increase efficiency (up to to 98%), allows for the selection of Line Interactive technology (VI) to power low priority loads from the mains supply
• Smart Active: the UPS automatically decides upon the operating mode (VI or VFI) based on the quality of the mains power supply
• Emergency: the UPS can be selected to function only when the mains power supply fails (emergency only mode).
• Frequency converter operation (50 or 60 Hz).
High quality output voltage
• Even with non-linear loads (IT loads with a crest factor of up to 3:1)
• High short circuit current on bypass
• High overload capacity: 150% by inverter (even with mains failure)
• Filtered, stabilised and reliable voltage (double conversion on-line technology (VFI compliant with EN62040-3), with filters for the suppression of atmospheric disturbances.
• Power factor correction: UPS input power factor close to 1 and sinusoidal current uptake.
High battery reliability
• Automatic and manual battery test
• Reduced ripple component (detrimental to the batteries) using a low ripple current discharge (LCRD) system
• Batteries are user replaceable without switching off equipment and without interruption to the load (Hot Swap)
• Unlimited extendible runtime using matching Battery Boxes
• The batteries do not cut in during mains failures of <20 ms (high hold up time) or when the input supply is between 184 V to 276 V.
This configuration ensures the operation of those emergency systems that require continuous, reliable and long-lasting power supply in the event of a mains power failure, such as emergency lighting, fire detection/extinguishing systems and alarms. When the mains power supply fails, the inverter begins powering the loads with a progressive start-up (Soft Start) in order to prevent overload.
The wide input voltage range and a high hold-up time minimise battery usage and increase efficiency and battery life; for smaller power breaks, energy is drawn from a group of appropriately-sized capacitors.
10 A configurable IEC output sockets allow for runtime optimisation by programming the switching off of low priority loads on mains failure; alternatively, emergency loads that are normally not powered when mains is
present can be activated.
• Selectable output voltage (220-230-240 V)
• Dual input supplies configuration (SDU 10000 DI and SDU 10000 DI ER)
• Auto-restart when mains power is restored (programmable via software)
• Bypass on: when the machine is switched off, it automatically goes into bypass and battery charge mode
• Minimum load switch-off
• Low battery warning
• Start-up delay
• Total microprocessor and DSP control
• Automatic bypass without interruption
• Use of custom power modules
• Status, measurements and alarms available on standard backlit display
• UPS digital updating (flash upgradeable)
• Output sockets protected with resettable thermal switch
• Back-feed protection standard: to prevent energy from being fed back to the network
• Manual switching to bypass.
• Advanced multi-platform communications for all operating systems and network environments: PowerShield 3 monitoring and shutdown software for Windows operating systems 10, 8, 7, Hyper-V, 2016, 2012, and previous versions, Mac OS X, Linux, VMWare ESXi, Citrix XenServer and other Unix operating systems
• Plug and play function
• USB port
• RS232 serial port
• Slot for installation of communications boards.
Unity Power Factor
• More power delivered
• More real output power (W)
This product replaced the Riello Sentinel Dual 8KVA SDL.
|Dimensions||262 x 1280 x 896 cm|
|Application||Servers and Networking|
|Standalone / Modular||Rack Mount, Standalone|
|Product Type||Single In - Single Out, Three In - Single Out|
|Form Factor||Rack Mount, Standalone|